Celebrated every year on March 8th.
Mark this important day all week or all month!
Please choose at least one action for the month of March and share this page with others.
Human Rights of Women — around the world
- Make sure that the Violence Against Women Act gets reauthorized by the US Senate. TAKE ACTION HERE
- Advocate for this Iranian LGBT woman jailed for speaking about her gender orientation on social media. TAKE ACTION HERE
- Afghan women have lost their ability to speak out, to earn a livelihood, to go to school since the Taliban took over 6 months ago.
>Learn more: Here is some background information.
>To amplify their message : Use this toolkit with graphics for social media.
>To support the Afghan women, sign this petition and share it with your networks.
UN Women theme this year is “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”
To recognize the contribution of women and girls around the world who are leading the charge on climate change adaptation, mitigation, and response, to build a more sustainable future for all.
- Read about young women around the world fighting for climate justice. READ HERE
- Climate change is a challenge for all, but especially women and girls in marginalized and discriminated communities in the Global South. Hear from women who work for their communities around the world. READ HERE
- Support the women of the Anishinaabe people of northern Minnesota in their fight against an oil pipeline. SUPPORT THE ANISHINAABE WOMEN
- Support the women and others in Madagasgar who are facing life-threatening climate change conditions. SUPPORT THE MALAGASY PEOPLE